Applications are invited online only from qualified candidates for Selection to the under mentioned post in Kerala Government Service. Applications must be submitted online only through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission (www.keralapsc.gov.in) after 'ONE TIME REGISTRATION'.
Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile. Candidates who have AADHAR card should add AADHAR card as ID proof in their profile.
1. Department : Police (India Reserve Battalion Regular Wing)
2. Name of post : Police Constable
3. Scale of Pay : ₹ 22200 – 48000 /- (PR)
4. Number of Vacancies : 77 (Seventy Seven)
Note i) The above vacancies are now in existence. The Ranked List of candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalisation of Ranked List(As per notification No. AV(2) 2376/14/GW dated 04.04.2016. Extra Ordinary gazette dated 15.04.2016). Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies reported and pending before the Commission and the vacancies that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the list.
ii) In the case of difference in original caste/community claimed in the application and that entered in the SSLC book, 0candidates shall produce a gazette notification in this regard, along with Non creamy layer certificate/Community Certificate at the time of certificate verification.
5. Method of appointment : Direct recruitment
Note: Differently Abled Candidates and Women Candidates are not eligible to apply for this post
6. Age 18 – 26. Only candidates born between 02.01.1995 and 01.01.2003 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post.
Note: (i) The upper age limit shall be relaxed upto 29 years for candidates belonging to OBC, upto 31 years for SC and ST and upto 41 years for Ex-servicemen.
(ii) Other conditions regarding age relaxation in para 2 of Part II general conditions of the Gazette Notification are not applicable to this selection.
1. Educational Qualifications:
Pass in SSLC or its equivalent
(i) In the case of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes candidates who have failed in the SSLC examination shall also be considered if sufficient number of qualified candidates are not available to fill up the quota of Police Constables reserved for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes.
(ii) Rule 10(a)(ii) Part II of KS & SSR applicable.
(iii) Candidates who claim equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce the relevant government order to prove the equivalency at the time of verification, then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification concerned.
2. Physical Qualifications: Must be physically fit and should possess the following minimum physical standards as prescribed below
(a) (i)Height - 167 cms
(ii)Chest - 81 cms with a minimum expansion of 5 cms.
Note: Minimum height and chest measurements shall be 160 cms and 76 cms respectively for Schedule Castes and Scheduled Tribe candidates. The minimum chest expansion of 5 cms shall, however be applicable for them also.
(b) Visual Standards: Must be certified to possess the Visual Standards specified below without glasses.
Distant vision: Right Eye 6/6 Snellen Left Eye6/6 Snellen
Near vision Right Eye 0.5 Snellen Left Eye0.5 Snellen
8. Endurance Test :-
All eligible candidates for appointment to the Regular Wing of the India Reserve Battalion have to undergo an endurance test, which will be of qualifying nature, and shall consist of a Road Run of 3 Kms, to be completed in 13 minutes.
9. Written Test/OMR Test:- Those who qualify in the endurance test will have to undergo a written
test /OMR Test .
10. Physical Efficiency Test:- Physical Efficiency Test will be conducted for those candidates who are
found qualified in the written test/ OMR Test. They must qualify in at least 5 events out of 8 items specified below of the National Physical Efficiency one star standard tests with minimum standards noted against each namely:-
2. High Jump : 132.20 Cm (4'6”)
3. Long Jump : 457.20cm (15')
4. Putting the shot of 7264 grams : 609.60 cms (20')
5. Throwing the Cricket Ball : 6096 cms (200')
6. Rope Climbing (only with hands) : 365.80 cms (12')
7. Pull ups or chinning : 8 times
8. 1500 meters run : 5 minutes and 44 seconds
Notes: (1) The physical measurement of the candidates will be taken and those who do not possess the prescribed physical measurement will not be considered for further selection process. Candidates who sustain any injuries or accidents while participating in the physical efficiency test will not be given another chance to participate in the physical efficiency test.
(2) Those qualifying in the Physical Efficiency Test will be subjected to suitable medical tests in such manner as may be decided by the Kerala Public Service Commission in which those found unsuitable shall be eliminated.
(a) Those selected for training as Trainee Police Constables of India Reserve Battalion shall undergo a pre-service training on a prescribed syllabus.
(b) Bond:- Those who get selected for appointment as Police Constable Trainee in India Reserve Battalion shall execute a bond to the effect that they will serve in the India Reserve Battalion for a period of 5 years after completion of training failing which they will have to remit an amount of Rs.50,000/-(Rupees Fifty Thousand only).
(c) Stipend:- Trainee Police Constables in the India Reserve Battalion will be paid a monthly stipend equivalent to that of their basic pay during their period of training or as decided by the Government from time to time.
(d) Probation: Every person appointed to Regular Wing of India Reserve Battalion shall from the date on which he joins duty after successful completion of pre-service training, be on probation for a total period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
12. Mode of submitting Applications: Candidates must register as per ONE TIME REGISTRATION with the official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and Password.
13. Appropriate Disciplinary action as per Rules of procedure Rule 22 shall be initiated against those candidates who submit applications with bogus claims of qualification regarding education, experience etc and submit confirmation for writing examination irrespective of whether they are present or absent for the examination
14. Last date of receipt of applications: 01.12.2021 Wednesday up to 12 Midnight.
15. If Endurance Test/Written Test/OMR Test/Online Test is conducted as a part of this selection candidate shall submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration Profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the admission tickets in the last fifteen days till the date of test. The applications of candidate who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period will be rejected absolutely. The periods regarding the submission of confirmation and the availability of admission tickets will be published in the examination calendar itself. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective profiles and in the mobile phone number registered in it. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the examination. (For details, please see the General Conditions given below as Part II of this notification.)
Post a Comment