Kerala PSC university assistant solved paper
Exam date: 24/05/2016
Category Code: 42/2016
76. Germany is ____ European country.
d) No article required
77. I was going ____ the documents last evening.
78. The passive form of "This shop sells all the vegetables" is
a) All the vegetables are sold by this shop
b) All the vegetables are sold in this shop(√)
c) All the vegetables have been sold by this shop
d) All the vegetables are being sold by this shop
79. It was raining when I _____ home yesterday.
a) Had reaches
b) Has reached
c) Has been reached
80. Let us go for a walk:
a) Do we?
b) Shall we? (√)
c) Don’t we?
d) Didn’t we?
81. Which plan was called as Mehalnobis plan named after the well-known economist?
a) First plan 1951 to 56
b) Second plan 1956 to 61(√)
c) Third plan 1961 to 66
d) Fourth plan 1969 to 74
82. To change negative family and community attitudes towards the girl child at birth and towards her mother is the prime objective of:
a) Integrated Child Development Scheme
b) Mahila Samridhi Yojana
c) Indira Awas Yojana
d) Balika Samridhi Yojana(√)
83. Which programme is launched on the lookout for the 'poorest of poor' by providing them 35 kilograms of rice and wheat at Rs. 3 and Rs. 2 per kg. respectively?
a) National Food for Work Programme
b) Adarsh Gram Yogana
c) Antyodya Anna Yojna(√)
d) Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
84. This is a comprehensive housing scheme launched with a view to ensure the integrated provision of shelter sanitation and drinking water. The basic objective of the programme is to improve the quality of life of the people as well as the overall habitat in rural areas:
a) Samagra Awas Yogna(√)
b) Antyodaya Anna Yojana
c) Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
d) Adarsh Gram Yojana
85. Mahila Samridi Yojana was started in 1998 on the day of:
a) Women’s day
b) Gandhi Jayanthi(√)
c) Independence day
d) Republic day
86. The ____ was launched in December 2001 to ameliorate the conditions of the urban
slum dwellers living below the poverty line without adequate shelter.
a) Valmiki Ambedkar Awas Yojana(√)
b) Bharat Niraman
c) Samagra Awas Yojana
87. Kudumbashree mission was launched on May 17th 1998 by our former Prime Minister:
a) Sri. Narasimha Rao
b) Sri. Manmohan Singh
c) Sri. A.B Vajpai(√)
d) Sri. S.R Devagouda
88. Jawhar Rozgar Yona was launched in April 1st 1989 by combining the two programmes:
c) NREP, RLEGP(√)
89. Anganwadi centres are functioning under the programme:
90. Who is the implementing officer at district level responsible for the monitoring and supervision of national food for work programme?
a) District industrial officer
b) District Collector(√)
c) District civil supplies officer
d) District information officer
91. The brain in any computer system is :
b) Peripheral unit
d) Control Unit
92. The inventor of world wide web:
a) Tim Berner's Lee(√)
b) Marc Andreessen
c) James H Clark
d) Robert Cailliau
93. '.mpg' extension refers usually to what kind of file?
a) Text/Document file
b) Image file
c) Animation/movie file(√)
d) All the above
94. A device that modulates signals to encode digital information and demodulates signals to decode the transmitted information:
95. Codes consisting of light and dark marks of various thickness which may be optically read is known as:
b) Bar code(√)
d) Op code
96. An attempt to criminally and fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords and credit card details, by masquerading as a trustworthy entity is an electronic communication is termed as:
97. A computer program that is used to convert an assembly language to machine language is:
98. Who is considered to be the first programmer?
a) Ada Lovelace(√)
b) Alan Turing
c) Charles Babbage
d) Von Neumann
99. Name the Act that governs the internet usage in India:
a) The IT Gazzette of India Act 2004
b) The Information Technology Act, 2000(√)
c) The Internet usage Act 2002
d) The right to information act 2005
100. An attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users is called:
a) Malware attack
b) Worms attack
c) Denial of service attack(√)
d) Adware attack
Post a Comment