Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Grade 2 provisional answer key 2018
Question Code: 018 2018
Staff Nurse Grade II- Medical Education
Medium of Question: English
QUESTION BOOKLET ALPHACODE A
Date of Test : 03/02/2018
76. Which of the following is used for grading protein energy malnutrition ?
(A) Ballard’s scale
(B) Gomez scale (√)
(C) Bishop scoring
(D) Krammer’s rule
77. A patient who takes an antihistamine medication diphenhydramine, what would be the expected side effect of the drug ?
(C) Dry mouth (√)
78. A patient who is taking beta blockers is monitored for shock. Which manifestation of the shock won’t present to such patient ?
(B) Tachycardia (√)
(D) Altered mental status
79. Which of the following statement is correct about malignant tumour ?
(A) Malignant tumour stop dividing prematurely
(B) Malignant tumour invade surrounding cells and tissues(√)
(C) Malignant tumour remains localized
(D) Malignant tumours have defective cell communication
80. The cost effective way to prevent spreading of microorganism :
(A) Wearing mask
(B) Wearing gloves
(C) Hand hygiene (√)
(D) Wearing gown
81. Ponderal index of term gestational age normal neonate :
(A) >2.5 (√)
82. The immediate action taken by a first aider to rescue a victim of heat stroke :
(A) Give oral fluids
(B) Fanning of victim
(C) Remove victim from hot environment(√)
(D) Spraying water over the victim
83. Which of the following is not a cause for pernicious anaemia ?
(B) Chronic alcoholism
(C) Long term use of certain antibiotics
(D) Lack of intrinsic factor
84. Which of the following surgery leads to Dumping syndrome ?
85. Which of the lab value would the nurse to be evaluated for a patient with pancreatitis ?
(A) Serum.lipase (√)
86. The extrapyramidal side effect of antipsychotic agents are managed with following group of drugs except :
(A) Dopamine drugs
87. Among the following which one is a delusional disorder ?
(B) Capuras’ syndrome(√)
(C) Dissociative fugue
(D) Ganser’s syndrome
88. Which one is a fact about persons with suicidal tendency ?
(A) Suicide happens without warning
(B) Once a person is suicidal, he/she is suicidal forever
(C) Most suicidal person are undecided about dying or living(√)
(D) Suicidal persons are fully intent on dying
89. Publication of a false statement about an individual made either verbally or in some other form to the third person :
90. Most frequent neurotic disorder in puerperium :
(A) Postpartum blues
(B) Postpartum depression(√)
(C) Postpartum psychosis
(D) Delivery related stress and anxiety
91. Which of the following is used in drug dependence to prevent relapse ?
(B) Naltrexone (√)
92. The most commonest psychiatric disorder after head injury is :
(A) Mania (√)
93. Which of the following is not an element of management ?
94. Ability of an instrument to detect changes or differences when they occur :
95. Which among the following is not a fact about EBP (evidence based practice) ?
(A) Is use of best evidence to make decisions about care and treatment.
(B) Contribute to expand the knowledge base of profession.
(C) Includes patient preferences and values.
(D) Is another term for utilization of research findings.(√)
96. As per the triage system, green colour code refers to :
(A) Injuries are life threatening but survivable with minimal intervention.
(B) Injuries are minor and treatment can be delayed for hours to days.(√)
(C) Injuries are extensive and chances of survival are unlikely even with care.
(D) Injuries are significant and require medical care but can wait for hours without threat to life
97. The audit which is conducted between 2 regular audit :
(A) Interval audit
(B) Final audit
(C) Interim audit (√)
(D) Continuous audit
98. One nurse is assigned the responsibility for the case of each patient from admission to discharge :
(A) Case method (√)
(B) Primary nursing
(C) Functional method
(D) Team nursing
99. Informal communication is also known as :
(A) Diagonal communication
(B) Cross wise communication
(C) Grape wine communication (√)
(D) Horizontal communication
100. Truth telling about disease and its prognosis to terminally ill patients, such situation which ethical principle is followed by a nurse ?