Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Grade 2 provisional answer key 2018
Question Code: 018 2018
Staff Nurse Grade II- Medical Education
Medium of Question: English
QUESTION BOOKLET ALPHACODE A
Date of Test : 03/02/2018
1. Who made the following statement in the Constituent Assembly during the Assembly Debates ?
“The first task of this Assembly is to free India through a new Constitution, to feed the starving people, and to clothe the naked masses, and to give every Indian the fullest opportunity to develop himself according to his capacity.”
(A) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
(B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(C) K.T. Shah
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru(√)
2. On __________ Dr. Rajendra Prasad was elected as the permanent Chairman of the Constituent Assembly ?
(A) 9 December 1946
(B) 11 December 1946(√)
(C) 9 June 1947
(D) 20 June 1947
3. Which Article of Indian Constitution abolishes untouchability ?
(A) Article 23
(B) Article 65
(C) Article 17 (√)
(D) Article 124
4. The 73rd and 74th Amendments to the Indian Constitution were related with __________.
(A) Creation of Local Government Institutions(√)
(B) Judicial Review
(C) Unprecedented powers to the Parliament
(D) President’s rule in the states
5. Name the programme launched by the Department of Women and Child Development, MHRD in 1988 to boost up women’s health, education and political participation.
(A) National Policy for Empowerment of Women
(B) National Perspective Plan for Women(√)
6. Which British missionary established an English school at Mattancheri with the financial assistance from Cochin Government in the year 1818 ?
(A) Edward Brennen
(C) J. Dawson (√)
(D) Joseph Fenn
7. Which social reformer of Kerala authored a book titled “Pracheena Malayalam” ?
(A) Narayana Guru
(B) Sahodaran Ayyappan
(C) Kumara Guru
(D) Chattambi Swamikal(√)
8. “Awake, remember the Lord Almighty, Get up at once and fight injustice”. Which social reform organization of 20th century Kerala put forth the above slogan ?
(A) Yogakshema Sabha
(B) Atmavidya Sangham(√)
(D) Sahodara Prasthanam
9. Who among the following literary figure of 19th century Kerala wrote a drama titled Ebraikutty ?
(A) Kerala Varma Valiya Koyil Tampuran
(B) M.C. Joseph
(C) George Varghese
(D) Kandathil Varghese Mappila(√)
10. __________ is considered as the “father of political movements in modern Thiruvithamkur”.
(A) K.P. Karuppan
(B) G.P. Pillai (√)
(C) Dr. Palpu
(D) T.K. Madhavan
11. In which year A.V. Kuttimalu Amma was elected to the Madras Legislative Assembly for the first time ?
(A) 1937 (√)
12. Vivekodayam : SNDP Yogam, Unni Nambutiri : __________.
(A) Yogakshema Sabha (√)
(B) Samatwa Samajam
(C) Sahodar Prasthanam
13. Who among the following women social reformer and activist of 20th century Kerala actively participated in the Paliyam Satyagraha of 1947 ?
(A) Akkamma Cheriyan
(B) Anna Chandi
(D) Arya Pallam(√)
14. Match the following with the help of the CODES given below :
(a) Katora Kutaram (i) C. Krishnan
(b) Deepika (ii) Vagbhatananda
(c) Abhinava Keralam (iii) Vakkom Maulavi
(d) Mithavadi (iv) Makhti Thangal
(A) (a-i) (b-ii) (c-iii) (d-iv)
(B) (a-ii) (b-i) (c-iv) (d-iii)
(C) (a-iv) (b-iii) (c-ii) (d-i)(√)
(D) (a-iii) (b-iv) (c-i) (d-ii)
15. Chronologically arrange the following events of Kerala history and select the answer using the CODES given below :
(1) Ezhava Memorial
(2) Malayalee Memorial
(3) Nivarthana Agitation
(4) Kallumala Samaram
(A) (1) (3) (2) (4)
(B) (4) (2) (3) (1)
(C) (2) (1) (4) (3)(√)
(D) (3) (4) (1) (2)
16. Name the intercontinental ballistic missile successfully launched by North Korea on 4th July 2017 that added a new dimension to the crisis between USA and North Korea :
(A) Hwasong - 14 (√)
(B) Pugkusong – 2
(C) Taepodong - 1
(D) Kumsong - 3
17. Which poet and lyricist of Kerala has been chosen for the Mahakavi P. Kunhiraman Nair Poetry Award for the year 2017 ?
(A) B.K. Harinarayanan
(B) Kaithapram Damodaran Namboothiri
(C) Rafeeq Ahamed (√)
(D) P.M. Harinarayanan
18. Expand LPSC.
(A) Liquefied Petroleum Supply Chain
(B) Liquefied Petroleum Systems Centre
(C) Liquid Propulsion Service Centre
(D) Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre(√)
19. Libreville is the capital city of __________.
(B) Gabonese Republic(√)
(D) Republic of Mali
20. Who is the winner of Wimbledon Grand Slam Tennis Tournament (Women’s Singles) for the year 2017 ?
(A) Garbine Muguruza (√)
(B) Venus Williams
(C) Simona Halep
(D) Victoria Azarenka
21. Which compound is known as inorganic benzene ?
(D) boric acid
22. The designation of an orbital with n=4 and l=2 is :
(A) 4d (√)
23. The element with highest electronegativity is :
24. Which of the following is not an antibiotic ?
(B) ranitidine (√)
25. Rosenmund’s reduction of an acid chloride gives :
(A) an ester
(B) an alcohol
(C) an aldehyde (√)
(D) a hydrocarbon