Current Affairs for kerala PSC exams March Second week 2017
1. Name the new continent claimed to have been discovered recently.
2. Where was the 2017 National Biodiversity Congress held?
3. Who became the Chairman of TATA Sons Ltd?
Ans: N. Chandrasekaran
4. How many earth-like exoplanets have been discovered by NASA recently?
5. Which movie won the most number of awards in the 89th Academy Awards?
Ans: La La Land (six awards)
La La Land, directed by Damiel Chazelle, won six awards, including Best Director, Best Actress (Emma Stone), Best Cinematography, Best Original Score, Best Original Song and Best Production Design. The Oscar Award for the Best Picture was won by Moonlight, directed by Barry Jenkins. Casey AtTleck got the Best Actor award (Manchester by the Sea).
6. Which Indian sports personality will represent the International Olympic Committee in the Badminton World Federation?
Ans: Saina Nehwal
7. Where was India's first dedicated heliport inaugurated?
Ans: New Delhi
8. Which Indian was appointed Vice Chairman of the Asian Hockey federation?
Ans: Abhijit Sarkar
9. Name the new long-distance, fully unreserved super fast train service launched recently.
Ans: Antyodaya Express
10. Central Excise Day was observed on
Ans: February 24
11. The government of Kerala is to set up an international Ayurvedic research institute at
Ans: Kannur .
12. Name the Supreme Court Judge who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT).
Ans: Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre
13. Where was the strategic dialogue held between India and China recently?
14. Which movie won the Golden Bear for the Best Film at the 67th Berlin International Film festival?
Ans: On Body and Soul
15. Name the App launched by the Government of India to use QR codes system for payments across the merchant outlets.
Ans: Bharat QR
16. Name the Chairwoman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, who passed away recently.
Ans: Kaci Kullmann Five
17. Name the project launched by the Government of Kerala for the reintegration of children
in conflict with law (CCL) into society?
18. Name the Iranian movie which won the Oscar Award for the Best Foreign Language Film.
The Salesman The movie was directed by Asghar Farhadi.
19. Who is the new Chief Minister of Nagaland?
Ans: Shurhozelie Liezietsu. He succeeded TR Zeliang who had stepped down amid protests by various tribal organisations against the government's decision to reserve 33 percent seats for women in urban local body elections.
20. International Mother Language Day was observed on
Ans: February 21
The 2017 theme is Towards Sustainable Futures through Multilingual Education'.
Post a Comment