Current affairs for Kerala PSC exams March Third week 2017
Ans: Virat Kohli
2. Who was chosen by the BCCI for the Lifetime Achievement Award in the women's category?
Ans: Shanta Rangaswamy
3. Who was sworn in as the UN Deputy Secretary General?
Ans: Amina J. Mohammed
4. International Yoga Festival was held in which city in Uttarakhand recently?
5. The river festival, 'Namami Brahmaputra'-, is being organised by which state?
6. Who is India's new Ambassador to the World Trade Organisation (WTO)?
Ans: J.S. Deepak
7. Who is the head coach of the Indian team for the upcoming FIFA U-17 World Cup football tournament?
Ans: De Matos
8. World Wildlife Day was observed on ?
Ans: March 3
9. The state government of Himachal Pradesh has decided to make which town as the second capital of the state?
10. Which city was ranked as the top Indian city to manage urban governance, in the evaluation conducted by Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy?
11. Name the Pakistani diplomat who has been appointed as the new Secretary General of SAARC.
Ans: Amjad Hussain Sial
12. Which Indian aircraft carrier was decommissioned recently?
Ans: INS Viraat
The world's oldest aircraft carrier, which was in service with the Indian Navy was decommissioned at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai. It was the last British-built ship serving with the Indian Navy. The ship was completed and commissioned in 1959 as the Royal Navy's HMS Hermes. It was sold to India in 1987 and was commissioned into the Indian Navy as INS Viraat.
13. Where was India's tallest tricolour Flag hoisted?
14. Which state government has given official language status to Kurukh, an endangered tribal
Ans: West Bengal
15. Name the eminent socialist and former speaker of Lok Sabha, who passed away recently
Ans: Rabi Ray
16. Who heads the Inter-disciplinary standing committee on Cyber Security, constituted by the Reserve Bank of India?
Ans: Meena Hemachandra
17. Who is the new spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)?
Ans: Gopal Baglay
18. Name the annual inter-service military exercise conducted by the Indian Navy, in coordination
with the Indian Air force and the Indian Army.
Ans: Theatre Readiness Operational Exercise (TROPEX)
19. Which popular surgeon, who performed the first successful liver transplant on human beings, passed away recently?
Ans: Thomas EStarzl
He is known as the 'father of transplantation'
20. World Hearing Day was observed on ?
Ans: March 3
Zero Discrimination Day was observed on March 1
National Science Day was observed on February 28