Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant previous questions and answers part 4
61. A school has only three classes comprised of 40, 50 and 60 students respectively. In these classes 10%, 20% and 10% students respectively passed the examinations. What is the percentage of students passed the examination from the entire school?
A) 12 1/3
B) 15 1/3
C) 11 1/3
62. The salary of a worker was first increased by 10% and thereafter decreased by 7%. What was the change in his salary?
63. The sides of a triangle are in the ratio of 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4. If the perimeter is 117 cm, find the length of the smallest side.
64. Sasi and Soman agreed to do a work for 112. Sasi alone can do it in 7 days and Soman alone in 8 days. With the help of another man they can finish the work in 3 days, then what amount does the man get?
65. A car during its journey travels 30 minutes at the speed of 40 km/hr. another 45 minutes at the speed of 60 km/hr and for two hours at a speed of 70 km/hr. Find the average speed of the car?
A) 70 km/hr
B) 63 km/hr[√]
C) 53 km/hr
D) none of these
66. Everybody in a room shake hands with one another. The total number of hands shakes is 66. The number of persons in the room is?
67. A mathematics paper consists of ten questions, which is divided into two parts, I and II each part contains five questions each. A student is required to attempt six questions in all, taking at least two questions from each part. In how many ways can student select the questions?
C) 200 [√]
68. In an election, involving two candidates, 132 votes were declared as invalid. The winning candidate got 54% of the votes and won by 192 votes. The total number of votes polled was ___?
69. A vessel contains 10 litres of milk. First 2 litres of the content are removed and replaced by 2 litres of water. Subsequently, 4 litres of vessel's contents is removed and replaced by 4 litres of water. Finally, 6 litres of vessel's contents is removed and replaced by litres of water. What is the quantity of milk left in the vessel?
A) 1.92 litres[√]
B) 1.82 litres
C) 1.72 litres
D) 1.62 litres
70. In a club 70% members read English news paper and 75% members read Malayalam news papers, while 20% do not read both papers. If 325 members read both the news papers, then the total number of members in the club?
71. 'Holy Hell : A Memoir of Faith, Devotion and Pure Madness' is abook written by?
B) Jennifer Lawrence
C) Gail Tredwell[√]
D) Leonardo Di Caprio
72. Who has been named People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Person of the year?
A) Shashi Tharoor[√]
B) Hery Rajaonarimampiania
C) Ghulam Nabi Azad
D) Ban Ki-Moon
73. Sree Narayana Guru died in the year?
74. Before 'Quit India' movement, the British Government made a plan to imprison Gandhiji and other Congress leaders. The plan was knon as?
A) Operation White Point
B) Operation Zero Hour[√]
C) Operation Success Night
D) Operation Defend Star
75. Who emerged champion of the Australian Open Women's Singles 2014 title?
A) Dominika Cibulkova
B) Li Na[√]
C) Victoria Azarenka
D) Kim Clijster
76. Whcih Indian leader was dismissed by the British from the Indian Civil Service?
A) Tej Bahadur Sapru
B) Subhash Chandra Bose[√]
C) Surendranath Banerji
D) Dadabhai Naoroji
77. The watershed between
is formed by?
A) The Naga hills[√]
C) The Aravallis
D) Shivalic Hills
78. Name the first women head of the State Bank of
A) Kanika Bhytani Anand
B) Begum Paveen Sultana
C) Kirti Garg
D) Arundhati Bhattacharya[√]
79. Kautilya's Arthasastra refers to the river 'Churni' as one of the places in
where pearls could be found. Identify the river.
80. Who represented
at the 22nd Commonwealth Heads of Government meet in Colombo?
A) Manmohan Singh
C) Salman Khurshid[√]
D) Sashi Tharoor
81. Name he first moon rover mission of
China, which is the world's third lunar rover
mission following the US and
the former Soviet Union decades ago?
B) Shenzhou -10
C) Tiangong - 1
D) Long March - 2 F
Begawan is the capital of?
C) Papua New Guinea
83. The country which decided to withdraw from the Commonwealth calling it neo-colonist?
84. The birth place of Ayyankali?
85. Name the Prime Minister of India, the only head of the government, who took part in the first international environment conference organized by the UN?
A) Jawaharlal Nehru
B) Lal Bahadur Sastri
C) Indira Gandhi[√]
D) Rajeev Gandhi
86. The UNESCO has declared
as? Nicobar Island
A) A World Biosphere Reserve[√]
B) World Heritage Site
C) World Environment Friendly Sites
D) World Historical Sites
87. Arakan yoma is extension of the
88. Name the author of the book titled 1283?
A) Sania Mirza
C) Rafael Nadal
89. During the Indian freedom struggle who among the following started a magazine 'The Indian Sociologist'?
A) Subhash Chandra Bose
B) Aurobindo Ghosh
C) Surya Sen
D) Shyamji Krishna Varma[√]
90. "In this instance we could not play off the Mohammadans against the Hindus". To which events did this remark of Aitchson relate?
A) Revolt of 1857
B) Non-Co-operation Movement[√]
C) Civil Disobedience Movement
91. A ring road _____ around the city?
A) is building
B) have been building
C) is being built[√]
D) has built
92. You are very arrogant. It is high time you ___ that you are not the most important person in the world?
A) have been realized
93. He is one of the best actors that _____ ever lived?
B) has been
C) have been
94. 'Let the guards be armed", he ordered. (Choose the most appropriate indirect speech)
A) The guards ordered him to be armed.
B) He ordered that the guards should be armed. [√]
C) He suggested that let the guards were armed.
D) He suggested the guards that they are armed.
95. Choose the correct sentence from the following.
was largely indebted to Iranian ideas and practices. [√]
was largely indebted by Iranian ideas and practices.
was largely indebted with Iranian ideas and practices.
was largely indebted in Iranian ideas and practices.
96. The meaning of the idiom "to cook somebody's goose" is?
A) exaggerate the good qualities of a person
B) ensure that somebody wins
C) prepare a delicious dish
D) ensure that somebody fails. [√]
97. Choose the best antonym for OBLITERATE
D) none of these
98. What do we call a group of dolphins?
A) a herd
B) a pride
C) a pod[√]
D) a swarm
99. What is the feminine gender of 'ram'?
100. Choose the best synonym for DOCILE