SOLVED QUESTION PAPER OF LOWER DIVISION CLERK
IN KERALA STATE BEVERAGES CORPORATION LTD
Category No: 235/2010
Exam date 27/11/2010
1. The first Chairperson of the National Women's Commission :
2. In which year the National Human Right's Commission came into effect ?
3.When did the Right for Information Act came into effect ?
4. Who is the authority to appoint Chief Information Commission ?
5. Name the state having no Scheduled Caste community :
6. The present Central Vigilance Commissioner:
7. The first Malayalee appeared in the Postal Stamp :
8. Which of the following is the space expedition to Mars ?
9. In 1956
was formulated with
how many districts ? Kerala
10. Which place is known as the
of kerala ?
11. Which is the head quarters of Kerala Forest Research Station ?
12. The famous folk dance 'Padayani' is originated at:
13. The first Malayalee who got 'Padmavibhushan' :
(A)Vallathole Narayana Menon
(B)V.K. Krishna Menon(√)
14. The Lion Safari Park in Kerala is situated at:
15. The kerala Kalamandalam was established in the year:
Legal Studies is at : National
17. The Kerala villages selected by UNDP for local self tourism development :
(A)Aranmula and Kumbalangy (√)
(B)Peerumedu and Munnar
(C)Mannarkkad and Malampuzha
(D)Kovalam and Vely
18.'Galasa' programme is associated with :
19. In which year 'Kudumbasree' programme was started:
20. Which is the latest Wild life Sanctuary in kerala ?
21. The instrument used for measuring the density or relative density of liquids:
22. Nuclides with the same atomic number, but different mass number are called :
23. The techniques of estimating the age of the remains of a once-living organization:
24. Solid carbon dioxide is known as:
25. The disorder characterized by the absence of melanin
26. Thomas cup is associated with :
27. Who designed the new symbol for Indian Rupees ?
28. Right to Education Act(RTA)has become a legally enforceable law from
(B)1 April 2010 (√)
(C)1 January 2010
(D)26 January 1950
29. Pankaj Advani is associated with:
30. Who won 2010 ICC World Twenty/20 Cricket championship ?
32. Kirit Parikh Committee was set up to review
(D)Centre - State relation s
33. M.F. Hussain the famous Indian painter accepted the citizenship of
34. Oscar Award 2010 for the best actor was awarded to:
35. The place known as 'Ground Zero' is in :
36. Which gas was leaked during the
Bhopal gas tragedy ?
first female shooting champion to clinch gold at world shooting championship:
38. Who won Australian Open Women's singles 2010 ?
39. The capital city of
Chera Kings ?
41. The poem”Gajendra Moksham Vanchippattu” was formulated by?
(A) Sreenarayana Guru(√)
(D) Kunjan nambiar
42. Name the President of
india who addressed the Kerala
(A)Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy
(B)Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(D)Dr. K.R. Narayanan(√)
43. The length of the sea
is shore of Kerala
44. Which Amendment brought the fundamental duties as part of the Constitution ?
45. The 73rd and 74th Amendment of the Constitution was about :
(B)Right for personal property
(C)Panchayathi Raj (√)
(D)Rajya Sabha Members
46. Which Article exempts
Jammu and Kashmir from the category of
ordinary states ?
47. Which organization was led by the 'Ten Principles' ?
48. Drain of wealth theory was propounded by :
50. Who was the real force behind Prarthana Samaj ?
(A)Raja Ram Mohan Roy
51. Central Tuber Crops Research Institute is located at :
52. Which energy source listed below comes under the Non - conventional energy ?
53. In which river is the major irrigation project Pochampad Project is ?
54. In which state the 'Baiga' tribals are found
55. The supreme authority for telecommunication in
56. Name the river which divides the region into two plateaus Malwa and
58. In which National park the one horned rhinoceros are commonly found:
59. The plant disease 'Green ear' affects which of the crops ?
60. In which state is the tourist destination 'Ghoom Monastry' located ?
61. If they really tried, they ------- the prize.
(D)could have won
62. The prisoner begged ------ mercy.
63. When ------ you usually have tea ?
64. It was -------- unanimous decision.
65. Time and tide ------- for no man
66. I haven't seen you -------- leaving school
67. Many people in
India are -------
States -------- a super power.
69. Scientists hope to achieve a break ------- in the search for a cure for cancer.
70. I am pale, ------- ?
71. He is too tired --------- walk.
(C)he will not
72. What is the passive voice from of : People elected him leader.
(A)He is elected leader by people
(B)He was elected leader by people(√)
(C)He elected leader of people.
(D)Leader was elected by people
73. Report : "I m going out" he said.
(A)He said I am going out
(B)He said I was going out
(C)He said he is going out
(D)He said he was going out(√)
74. In which part of the sentence is the mistake?
At what time/you will/come back/ from office?
(A)At what time
75. In which part of the sentence is the mistake
The pudding/you have prepared/is tasting/delicious.
(B)you have prepared
76. What do these words mean : Genial
(B)a person of exceptional skill and ability
77. What do these word mean: Impudent
(C)not likely to be true
78. Find the antonyms Sharp:
78. Find the antonyms of Convict:
80. Which of the following is the correct spelling?
81. The average age of a school cricket team is 16.Two members of age 14 and 17 are replaced by other two players of age 16 and 15. What will be the average age of the new team ?
82. If A = B/2; B = C^2/2 and C = 2√3 Which is A of the following ?
(D)2 √ 2
83. Which is the next in the series ? 3,13,31,57, --------
84. If the diameter of a circle is doubled, its area is increased by ------ times.
85. When a number 'x' is divided by '4' we get the cube of another number, y. Find x if y^3<10
86. The master bedroom of area 256 sq.ft. of a new building has been completely paved with 16 vitrified square tiles. What is the length of the tile used ?
(D)None of the above
87. If a+b = 7 and √(b2 -9)= 4 find 'a'
90. Find the missing number in the given series : 11,33,55,-----,99.
91. What is the simple interest on Rs.8000 at 8% per annum ?
92. If 'BANK'iS coded as 'CAMP' in a language, how is 'RAMP'coded in that language ?
93. 'DOCTOR' is related to 'PATIENT' in the sense as 'PUPIL' is related to : Find the correct word from the following :
94. While introducing a girl in a party, Ramesh said, " she is the daughter- in- law of the only son of my father" How is Ramesh related to the girl ?
(B)Brother - in - law
95. Pick the odd one out:
98. If a,b,c,d,f,g,h,i,j, correspond to 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 respectively. Solve the following (df + fg)/jf - da = --------
99. If 'RAT'is 'MAT' and 'MAT'is 'HAT' then what is 'HAT'?
100. If x/2 = (x-1)^2. Find x.