Gazette Date: 15/05/2013
Last Date: 19/06/2013
Category No: 121/2013
1. Department : Law Department (Govt. Secretariat)
2. Name of Post : Legal Assistant Gr.II
3. Scale of pay : Rs.14620-25280
4. Number of vacancies : Anticipated
The Ranked list published by the Commission in pursuance of this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies if
any reported to the Commission in writing during the currency of the list.
5 Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment
6 Age limit : (18-37). Candidates born between 02.01.1976 and 01.01.1995 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post with usual age relaxation to SC/ST and OBC candidates.
(For conditions regarding age relaxation, please see Part II of Gazette notification)
7 Qualifications :
1 Degree in Law of any recognized University.
2 Enrollment as an Advocate.
1) In the absence of qualified persons for appointment by transfer from any Category in Kerala Secretariat Subordinate Service, the vacancies earmarked for that category shall be filled up from qualified persons for appointment by transfer from any category in any department under the Govt. or in the service of the High Court of Kerala and vice-versa. If qualified persons are not available for appointment by transfer from the categories mentioned above, the vacancies earmarked for these categories shall be filled up by direct Recruitment.
2) 3% of the total vacancies reported for Direct Recruitment shall be reserved for PH candidates
(Locomotor disability/Cerebral Palsy , Low vision) vide GO(MS)No.26/2011/SWD dated 03.03.2011 & GO(P)No.1/13/SJD dated 03.01.2013.
3 Probation : Every person appointed to this post shall from the date on which he/she joins duty be on probation for a total period of 2 years on duty within a continuous period of 3 years.
4 Test : Every person appointed to this post shall within the prescribed period of probation pass the Secretariat Manual Test.
8. Mode of Submitting applications:
Candidates shall register by 'ONE TIME REGISTRATION ' system with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission 'www.keralapsc.gov.in' before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered shall apply by logging on to their profile using their User- ID and password. Candidates shall click on the 'Apply Now' button of the respective posts in the Notification link for applying for a post. No application fee is required. Candidates can view and have a print-out of the details in the profile by clicking the link Registration Card, if required. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before applying for a post, candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote the User- ID for further communication with the Commission. Applications once submitted will be received as provisional and particulars shall not be deleted or altered after submission. Applications submitted not in accordance with the conditions of notification will be summarily rejected . Documents to prove
Qualification, experience , community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
9. Last date for receipt of applications :- 19.06.2013 Wednesday up to 12 midnight.
10. Address to which applications are to be sent :- www.keralapsc.gov.in
(For details including Photo, ID Card etc. refer to the General Conditions given in Part II of the
Gazette Notification. ) Click here for more details
SYLLABUS FOR THE DEPARTMENTAL TEST FOR LEGAL ASSISTANTS 2012
PART II Paper – Code of Civil Procedure and Civil Rules of Practice.
II Paper – Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (Central Act 2 of 1974) and Criminal Rules of Practice.
PART III Paper –The Kerala Stamp Act, 1959.
The Kerala Court Fee and Suits Valuation Act, 1960
II Paper – The Indian Limitation Act, 1963.
The Kerala Civil Courts Act, 1957
The Kerala High Courts Act, 1959 and the Small Cause Courts Act (Act VII of 1957).
Time and marks: - Each paper will be of three hours duration. The total marks for each paper is 100 and the minimum required for a pass is 40.