1. The convict was an incorrigible criminal. Here the word incorrigible means:
(C)Incapable of being reformed
(D)Can be reformed
Ans: incapable of being reformed
2. Raju is squirreling money away for his retirement. Here squirreling means:
(D)Put in a secret place for later use
Ans: Put in a secret place for later use
3. Securing a cross- party consensus on how to deal with clashes remained elusive. 'Consensus' means:
(C) Widespread agreement
Ans: Widespread agreement
4. Group of words pronounced or spelt in the same way but having different meanings:
5. 'Arms and the man' is a drama written by :
Ans: Bernard Shaw
6. The words flammable and inflammable have
(D)Entirely different meaning
Ans: Same meaning
7. To seek help from God in prayer and patience is hard save for the pious. Here the word ‘save’ means:
8. Paul, the 'Oracle Octopus' has become a legend in the quadrennial football extravaganza in
Here the word quadrennial means :
(A)Occurring in every continent
(B)Taking place in July
(C)Occurring every four years
(D)Having four legs
Ans: Occurring every four years
9. What do you mean by 'topiary'
(B)Cutting plants in ornamental shapes
(D)Removing top parts
Ans: Cutting plants in ornamental shapes
10. Choose the correctly spelt word .
11. One word for a group of islands .
12. In which play did the famous Shakespearean Character Falstaff appear ?
Ans: Henry IV
13. Mukesh and Anil decided to bury the hatchet. What do you mean by 'bury the hatchet ?
(A)Bury the treasures
(C)Stop all business
Ans: Become reconciled
14. When Bill Clinton was the President of the
U.S.A., he was charged with the
following allegation by the jury:
(D)Challenges the court
15. Who wrote Asian Drama ?
(A)Gunnar Myr Dal
(B)Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Ans: Gunnar Myr Dal