1. Who heads the committee appointed by the Government of India to identify and support potential medal prospects for the 2020 and 2024 Olympic Games, under Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS)?
Ans: Abhinav Bindra
2. Who was the chief guest of this year's Republic Day celebrations?
Ans: Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi
3. Name the online system launched by the Government of India for recommending appropriate mix of fertilizers to plantations of rubber growers depending upon their soil nature.
Ans: Rubber Soil Information System (RubSIS)
4. Who headed Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM) Committee which submitted its report on changes in FRBM Act, 2013?
5. Who was elected chairperson of the African Union Commission?
Moussa Faki Mahamat
6. Anti-Leprosy Day was observed on:
7. Which Hollywood film producer and Wimbledon tennis player has been appointed the United Nations in India Goodwill Ambassador for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
8. Iris Mittenaere of France won which international title recently?
9. What is the theme of the 2017 National Voters' Day (January 25)?
Empowering Young and Future Voters
10. National Girl Child Day was observed on:
11. Van der Bellen was sworn in as the president of which European country?
12.Name the Russian Ambassador to India who passed away recently:
13.Who was awarded the inaugural Hugo Chavez Prize for Peace and Sovereignty?
14.Name the traditional buffalo racing sport to be legalized by the government of Karnataka, by amending the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act.
15.Who was appointed by the Supreme Court as the head of the four-member Committee of Administrators to run Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?
The other three members of the committee are historian Ramachandra Guha, Infrastructure Development Finance Company Managing Director Vikram Limaye, and former women's Test cricketer Diana Edulji.
16.Who is the new chancellor of the Nalanda University?
Dr. Vijay Bhatkar
He is the man behind India's first super computer, the Param Series.
17.How many persons were selected for this year's Padma Vibhushan?
The awardees are Sharad Pawar, Murli Manohar Joshi, P.A. Sangma, Sunder Lal Patwa, K.J. Yesudas, Jaggi Vasudev and Udipi Ramachandra Rao
18.Who won the singles titles in the Syed Modi International Badminton championships?
Men's Singles - Sameer Verma
Women's Singles - P.V. Sindhu
19.Who won the men's singles title in the Australian Open?
Roger Federer (Switzerland) He defeated Rafael Nadal to claim his 18th Grand Slam and fifth Australian Open title.
Serena Williams clinched the women's singles title, defeating Venus Williams. It was her 23rd Grand slam title.
The mixed doubles pair comprising Sania Mirza and Ivan Dodig was defeated by Abigali Spears and Juan Sebastian Cabal in the finals
20.Who won the 2016-17 Irani Trophy?
Rest of India
They defeated Gujarat in the two team tournament.