Kerala Psc latest general knowledge questions 2015
CATEGORY No. 173/2015
Exam date 10/10/2015
1. Maria Elina South, the driest place of Earth is situated in the desert of?
Answer :- Attakkama
2. The study of soil is known as
Answer :- Pedology
3. The first athlete who won the gold medal in Asian Athletic Championship?
Answer :- Tintu Luka
4. Which social reformer is known as the 'Madan Mohan Malaviya of Kerala'?
Answer :- Mannath Padmanabhan
5. Which colour has the largest wavelength
Answer :- Red
6. Lalgudi Jayaraman is a maestro of which musical instrument?
Answer :- Violin
7. Ozone Day is on?
Answer :- September 16
8. Who is considered as the father of Indian Planning Commission?
Answer :- M.Visweswarayya
9. Which of the following is known as rolling plant or lying plant?
Answer :- Uranas
10. The term 'Genetics was firstly used by?
Answer :- W. Bateson
11. ONE STRAW REVOLUTION is a book written by?
Answer :- Mazanoby Fukuwoka
12. 'Macondo' is an imaginary place in a novel written by Garbriel Garcia Marquez. What is the name of that novel?
Answer :- One hundred Years of Solitude
13. Chenthuruni Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in the district of ?
Answer :- Kollam
14. Who was the founder of Lodhi Dynasty?
Answer :- Bhulul Lodhi
15. ETNA Volcano situated in?
16. 'Enmakanje' is the great work related with Endosulfan victims in Kasaragod. Who is the author of this book?
Answer :- Ambikasuthan Mangad
17. Who won the Swathi Sangeetha Puraskar 2014?
Answer :- Amjath Ali Khan
had a plan holiday between?
Answer :- 1966-1969
19. Proposed Capital of Andhra Pradesh?
20. Odd One Out :- Chalakkudipuzha, Kunthippuzha, Pumpa, Pambar
Answer :- Pampar
21. The real name of Dr.Palpu, the social reformer of Kerala?
Answer :- Pathmanabhan
22. Who was the founder and publisher of the newspaper 'Swdeshabhimani'?
Answer :- Vakkom Abdulkhadar Moulavi
23. The river Bhavani is orginated and flows from which plateau of Kerala?
Answer :- Palakkad Plateau
24. The Vice Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
Answer :- P.J.Kuryan
25. Who is the first women President of WHO (World Health Organisation)?
Answer :- Groharlen Brundland
26. The 'Nehru Report' of 1928 is related with?
Answer :- Mothilal Nehru
27. The beginning of 1857 revolt is on?
Answer :- 10th May 1857
28. The Vice Chancellor of Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University is?
Answer :- K. Jayakumar
29. In which year
declared as a
National Park? Silent
Answer :- 1984
30. The poem 'Prarodhanam' is written by?
Answer :- Kumaran Asan