Kerala PSC IHRD ASSISTANT GRADE 2 exam English previous solved papers
1. I am not very good ...... communicating ideas.
2. If you are weak in Mathematics, you should do something ..... it.
3. I prefer English.......Science.
4. Our apartment is......the second floor of the building.
5. Why are you so unfriendly.....me?
6. As they live in a busy street,..... a lot of noice from the traffic.
(A)It must be
(B)There must be (√)
(C)It must have .
(D)They must have
7. We couldn't buy anything because ..... of the shops were open.
8. ........... do not visit this part of the town because it is notorious for anti social activities.
(A)The most tourists
(C)Most tourists (√)
(D)Most of tourists
9. I asked two people the way to the
but _______ of them knew Viceroy. Marine Beach
10. You need not hire a taxi as there is a bus _______ ten minutes to the city.
11. We…….....by a loud noise last night.
(B)Were waking up
(C)Were woken up (√)
(D)Have been woken up
12. There is somebody walking behind us, I think .....
(A)We are followed
(B)We were followed
(C)We are being followed(√)
(D)We were being followed
13. The flight _______ arrive at 9.15, but it was an hour late.
(A)was supposed to(√)
(B)was being supposed to
(C)is supposed to
(D)is being supposed to
14. Where ......?
(A)did you cut your hair?
(B)have you cut your hair?
(C)did you have cut your hair?
(D)did you have your hair cut? (√)
15.He _______ when he went out at night.
(A)was bit by a snake
(B)was bitten by a snake (√)
(C)is bit by a snake
(D)is biten by a snake
16. Choose the word that has the correct spelling
17. Choose the word that has the correct spelling
18. Choose the word that has the correct spelling
(D)None of these
19. Choose the word that has the correct spelling
20. Choose the word that has the correct spelling
21. Everything is going on smoothly. We......any problems so far.
22. The master......out after breakfast and he has just come back
23. It is long since I......my friend.
24. I ...... yowr teacher
(B)had just met
(C)have just met(√)
(D)am just met
25. He lives as if he......a millionaire.
26. If you had answered all the questions. you ....... selection.
(A)will have got
(B)would have got (√)
27. Don't disturb me.I .......
(A)have been reading
(C)will be reading
(D)am reading (√)
28. ....... the meeting yesterday?
(A)Did you attend(√)
(B)Have you attended
(C)Had you attended
(D)Did you have attended
29. The fisherman.....to my house every morning
30. It......... since this morning
(C)has been raining (√)
(D)had been raining
The following sentence are not correct. Choose the part of the sentence where the mistake occurs.
31. I was(a)/ten years (b)/when the first communist ministry in Kerala(c)/assumed power.(d)
32. We have to wait (a)/till the traffic light (b)/ will change (c)/to green. (d)
33. Stella is n't (a)/old enough (b)/to go (c)/to the school (d)
34. A friend of mine (a) / who is an IAS officer (b) / gave me a valuable advice (c) / When I met her last Sunday (d)
35. The climate (a)/ of our state (b) / is considered better (c) / than
36. She must not (a) / go there (b) / as the meeting (c) / is already over (d)
37. An intimate friend (a) / of him (b) / came (c) / to my office today (d)
38. He works hard (a)/ because (b)/ he may secure(c) / a good position (d)
39. Choose the part of the sentence where the mistake occurs. He is (a)/ the same person (b) /whom (c) / you wanted to see (d)
40. Choose the part of the sentence where the mistake occurs. There is (a) / hardly some pity (b) / in the heart (c) / of the rich (d)