1. In daylight the human eye is most sensitive to which color:
2. A gas used as a disinfectant in drinking water is:
3. A genetically engineered form of brinjal, known as the Bt-brinjal, has
been developed. The objective of this is:
(a) To make it pest-resistant
(b) To improve its taste and nutritive
(c) To make it drought-resistant
(d) To make its shelf-life longer
Ans: To make it pest-resistant
4. Chemically, bleaching powder is
(a) Calcium hypochlorite
(b) Calcium hydroxide
(c) Sodium hydroxide
(d) Calcium sulfate
Ans: Calcium hypochlorite
5. Who invented polio vaccine (oral)?
(a) Albert Sabin
(c) Luise Pasture
(d) Jonas Salk
Ans: Albert Sabin
6. Which one of the following is known as Marsh gas?
7. The four blood groups were discovered by:
(a) Richard Feynman
(b) Karl Landsteiner
(c) Alfred Wegener
(d) Stephen Hawking
Ans: Karl Landsteiner
8. The density of milk is measured by:
9. The science of weights and measures is called:
10. In the context of Indian wild life, the flying fox is a ............
11. Which country along with
has begun its first ever joint co-ordinate patrols in the
to check poaching, smuggling and drug trafficking in the region ? Andaman Sea
12. D-Day is the day when:
declared war on Britain
(B) US dropped the atom bomb on
(C) Allied troops landed in
surrendered to the allies
Ans: Allied troops landed in
13. The abbreviation TRAI stands for:
(A) Taxation Research and Analysis Institute
(B) 'Tourist Resorts ' Agents of
(C) Telecom Regulatory Authority of
(D) Trade Related Accounts and Indices
Ans: Telecom Regulatory Authority of
14. Who amongst the following is the director of the popular Hindi film “Oye Lucky ! Lucky Oye” ?
(A) Mani Ratnam
(B) David Dhavan
(C) Dibakar Banerjee
(D) R. Balakrishnan
Ans: Dibakar Banerjee
15. The process of “Artificial Application of Water to the soil usually for assisting in growing crops”, is technically known as:
(A) Water harvesting
(C) Water recharging
16. As per estimates given by the RBI the Economic Growth during the year 2010-11 will be at which of the following levels ?
17. With reference to the river Luni, which one of the following statements is correct?
(a) It flows into
(b) It flows into
Gulf of Kutch.
(c) It flows into
and merges with a tributary of Indus.
(d) It is lost in the marshy land of the
Ans: It is lost in the marshy land of the